Need to redirect a local shipment? If your answer is yes, at that point there is a service called “UPS Delivery Intercept” which enable clients to divert a local shipment that has not been conveyed or discharged for delivery. This delivery intercept service is accessible for packages, letters, and flats with a tracking or additional services scanner tag and all mail classes, aside from Standard Mail and Periodicals. Additionally, there are couple of different confinements (a different area identified with limitations is available below)
This page is stacked with all the information about “UPS Delivery Intercept”. Read the information below to know what delivery intercept is, how it works, and what are the limitations.
What is UPS delivery intercept?
UPS Delivery Intercept service enables clients to redirect a local shipment which has not been conveyed or discharged for delivery. This delivery intercept service is accessible for packages, letters, and flats with a tracking or additional services scanner tag. This UPS delivery intercept service additionally enables clients to stop the mail and packages at the mail station as a Hold for Pickup or send them to an alternate local address.
With UPS Delivery Intercept, you can keep up control of your packages as they move through the UPS arrange. This charge based administration for shippers enables you to ask for the intercept of packages before delivery, giving more noteworthy adaptability in dealing with your transportation needs.
A client can also redirect a package back to his/her address as priority mail. To get this service, initially, you have to check whether your shipment is qualified for Delivery Intercept. There are couple of limitations too which you have to know before submitting intercept request.
After the shipment of your package, Delivery Intercept gives you a chance to restore the package to sender, change the delivery address, reschedule delivery, or have UPS hold the package for pickup over the web anytime before delivery. The UPS delivery intercept isn’t free (it seems that it might be as much as $10/intercept), however any individual who’s needed to issue with delivery issues that could have effectively been resolved with a mid-transport intercept will probably discover this a convenient choice.
When you select UPS Delivery Intercept, you can ask for that UPS perform one of the following activities:
- Return to Sender: Return the package to the shipper
- Convey to Another Address: Reroute the package to another address
- Reschedule Delivery: Hold the package for conveyance on a future date
- Will Call: Hold the package for pickup by the representative
An expense is evaluated for all types of requests aside from Will Call, and you may be charged if your intercept request is finished.
You can ask for delivery intercept of your package at any time using your UPS shipping (Internet Shipping, UPS CampusShip, and Worldship) or tracking (UPS.com or Quantum View Manage) systems.
UPS Terms of Service
- User can avail delivery intercept service within the U.S. and Puerto Rico, barring UPS Express CriticalSM service.
- Charge assessed just if UPS finishes the delivery intercept.
How to request for UPS delivery intercept?
Checkout the following procedure to request UPS delivery intercept Shipping History. You can also ask for a intercept from your Tracking Detail.
- In the first place, you have to check whether the shipment is qualified for delivery Intercept.
- In the event that it is Eligible, at that point login to your ups.com account to submit your request.
- Select the Shipping tab which is at the top of the page.
- Select Create a Shipment in the zone at the left of the page, at that point select View History or Void Shipment.
- In the Previous Shipments segment, you will see an outline of your current shipments.
- On the off chance that your shipment incorporates one package: Select the checkbox alongside the shipment you need to intercept, at that point select Request Intercept.
- If your shipment incorporates numerous packages: Select the checkbox which is beside the shipment you need to intercept, at that point select Request Intercept. On the Select Packages for Intercept page, select the checkbox by each package you need to intercept, and then select Next.
- On the Packages Eligible for Intercept page, select the radio catch by the sort of intercept you need to ask for your package(s).
- Note: The intercept ask for type you pick will be connected to every single chose packages.
- Audit or adjust your package selection.
- Note: Packages chose on the Select Packages for Intercept page will be pre-checked. A few packages may not be qualified for intercept; assuming this is the case, the reason is shown.
- Whenever you are satisfied with the information, select Next.
- Notwithstanding your intercept compose section, UPS requires extra data to finish the demand. Finish the required fields, showed with a * symbol.
- Select Submit and then, an affirmation page is shown.
- Note: The intercept request for does not ensure that the intercept will happen. You might be charged if the intercept happens.
- On the Confirmation page, select the Request Intercept for Remaining Packages interface on the off chance that you need to ask for an alternate intercept compose for the rest of the packages in your shipment.
- In the wake of presenting the demand, you will get an expected Priority Mail postage in addition to intercept expenses.
- UPS will then endeavor to intercept and redirect the shipment.
- UPS will then endeavors to locate your package.
- Your credit card will be charged the Delivery Intercept expense in addition to the assessed postage if your package is intercepted. Clients won’t be charged if the shipment was not intercepted.
In the event that the real postage due is more than the evaluated postage, at that point you will have to pay the extra postage.
Note – To ask for package delivery to Another Address alternative, My UPS clients must verify their record by giving:
UPS Account Number